Saturday, December 10, 2011

[Watchers of the Shadow] Synopsis

Prologue and part one of the first chapter is finally posted~ :'D

Watchers of the Shadow (tentative title) is a fantasy novel I'm working on. It is my first attempt at a novel, so any suggestions and comments are very, very welcome!! (Please? :'D) 

The story started off during this year's NaNoWriMo, but of course I did not finish it...... I was truly unprepared. Still, the attempt improved my writing significantly, and I think I have a clearer direction on the novel than I did before. Even so, what I am posting is the first draft! There may be many areas where I may have made grammatical mistakes and so forth, or I where the description is too static etc. Finding the best POV to write scenes is also sometimes a point of trouble for me... :'D Thus, critiques are loved~

Here is a tentative synopsis:

Avaris Etruscian is the youngest prince of Shaerone. Since the queen's death, he has fallen to a mysterious sickness that is slowly but surely taking its toll on his body. Even so, he has been sent to Belara as a sacrifice to help maintain the already strained peace between the two countries. But, there are dark currents brewing in his own country that he had not been aware of, and his company is attacked in the border. Pursued and driven close to death, he breaks through part of the centuries-old seal on magic, rediscovering a power that may just be what could save him––and let loose an ancient evil back into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment